Prawn Waldorf salad
- 75g walnuts
- 1 small romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 200g cooked, peeled king prawns, deveined if necessary
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 1 eating apple e.g. Granny Smith, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
- 100g seedless green grapes, washed and halved
FOR THE DRESSING
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the dressing; whisk together all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary, adding a little more lemon juice if required.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes until golden.
- Put the shredded lettuce leaves into a large mixing bowl and add the prawns, celery, apple and grapes. Spoon in the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary before serving.
Looking for more healthy options? Join us at Bread Street Kitchen and taste our Fit Food menu, inspired by Gordon Ramsay’s new book Ultimate Fit Food.